Last Modified: 9 November 2018
Rare Active, LLC (“Rare Active” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Rare Active or any third party, including third-party websites you may access through the Site;
- any third party collects, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site; or
Our websites, and these third parties, may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
2. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. See Contact Information.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site. When you access or use the Site, we may automatically collect or ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, account identification numbers, passwords, and/or credit card information, and/or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site and usage details;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as technical or device-specific information such as your browser type, computer type, computer or device operating system, your search queries, internet service provider, and technical information about your means of accessing the Site; and/or
- Traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us directly or through the use of interactive or feedback functions on the Site. See Information You Provide to Us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. See Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection and Tracking Technologies.
4. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
The information we may collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, commenting or contributing to the Site, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
Additionally, you also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and/or you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. If you believe that your User Contribution has been viewed by an unauthorized person, please contact us. See Contact Information.
5. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
If you do not want us to collect this information from the Site, do not use the Site.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. See How We Use Your Information.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Rare Active, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
We do not control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how the collected information may be used, so please be aware of such risks when clicking on third party advertisements of links. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible third-party provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
7. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you in the following way and for the following reasons:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To respond to customer service requests from you and support your needs.
- To personalize your experience on the Site.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To aggregate user information to better understand our customer’s needs.
- To solicit feedback to improve our products and services.
- To run our promotions, surveys, and sales.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To enable us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Site.
- To improve the Site interface, experience, or functionality.
- To tailor our content to engage with the interested online community.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any misuse of the Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use your email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, or to respond to inquiries, questions, or requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, and notifications when new content, products, or services are available. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or communications, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions within each communications. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide to us:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rare Active’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Rare Active about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rare Active, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over certain uses and disclosures of your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (account registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Promotional Offers from Rare Active
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Rare Active to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (account registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Rare Active as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out in the same manner described above. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. You can adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out. You can opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
10. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
11. DATA SECURITY
We maintain measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted with SSL certificates.
That said, the safety and security of your information ultimately depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards or comments sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or mobile platforms is not completely secure. We make no guarantees on the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
13. CONTACT INFORMATION